Pesto Zucchini Pasta
When it comes to eating healthy and trying to stay on track, sometimes it seems as though we must eliminate and sacrifice some of our favorite foods to meet our goals. Once I changed my perspective on food and realized that I wanted to make food choices that I could stick with, I started to think of ways to substitute or recreate some of my favorite childhood foods, which as we all know, are usually not too great for trying to stay in shape.
My girlfriend, Francheska, and I came up with this recipe after trying to eliminate processed carbohydrates from our diets . One of the easiest health hacks that we like to implement is to make sure we are eating foods that have been minimally processed and are as close to their natural state as possible.
This variation of my pesto zucchini pasta is actually 100% VEGAN. I usually use pork sausage for this recipe, however the Beyond Meat Sausage is just as good if you’re looking to cut back on your meat intake. Hope you enjoy!
1 large pan
- 2 green zucchini squashes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 2 hot italian pork sausages (or Beyond Meat vegan sausages)
- ¼ cup of pesto sauce (I prefer one with no dairy)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ cup avocado oil
- RAWmesan (vegan parmesan cheese)
- Spiralize the zucchini pasta into a large bowl, and chop your peppers and onions to your liking.
2. Heat up your frying pan to medium-high and add in your sausages.
3. Bring your other frying pan to medium heat, add in your avocado oil and your minced garlic, allow the garlic to caramelize, then add in your onions and peppers, as well as your seasoning.
4. Once the onion and peppers are tender, add in your zucchini noodles. Allow the water to cook out.
5. Once the zucchini noodles are tender, add in your pesto sauce, and taste to see if you need more seasoning.
6. Serve, add on your RAWmesan cheese, and enjoy!
For more articles and recipes, send us an email at Support@EricLeija.com letting us know what you want to see featured next!